This is a very exciting time to join Skelton Grange as you will be part of the final construction phase and support the plant through commissioning into operational.
Who are enfinium?
enfinium is one of the largest pure-play waste to energy operators in the U.K. who transform waste into heat and energy that power our homes businesses, green communities and the circular economy. With more than 45 years of proven industry experience. enfinium has four operating facilities around the U.K and a further two facilities in construction and are transforming the way our industry serves customers, communities and the environment.
At enfinium we’re guided by five principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right and safe way:
One Team – Pride Matters – Safety on Purpose – Make a positive impact – Take Ownership
As a Company, we really value our employees and as such, offer a generous employee benefits
package which includes the following:
- Vitality Private Medical care
- Private Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Company pension with a 6% company contribution
- Perkbox to get all your Highstreet discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Uniform provided
- Continuous learning and development through our e-learning portal and access to role-based qualifications
What you will be doing
enfinium is looking for an Environmental Manager to join our team at our brand new waste to energy facility in Leeds. This position involves working directly with the Plant Manager and wider SHEQ team, taking responsibility of the sites environmental compliance as well as providing advise and guidance to the onsite team for all environmental activity.
We’re looking for a candidate who is not only highly skilled, but also possesses excellent communication skills, as the Environmental Manager will be responsible for liaising with third parties such as the local council and the Environmental agency.
What you will bring
Please see below a brief overview of the role and the responsibilities
- Manage compliance of the Environmental Management System, including but not limited to conducting internal audits, external facility audits, developing and reviewing policies, procedures and supporting documentation.
- Manage the delivery and reporting of the environmental monitoring programme for the Waste to Energy facility, ensuring all regulatory and management reports are produced as required under the Environmental Permit and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Prepares site monthly, quarterly, and annual Environmental / (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance) (ESG) and KPI reporting to the SHEQ Senior Management team ensuring all targets are recorded, monitored, and achieved within regulated timescales.
- Responsible for the compliance of all permit application specifications, including landscape and biodiversity management plans.
- Responsible for ensuring all environmental regulatory requirements and monitoring routines for the Waste to energy facility are met, which will include but is not limited to; ESA protocol for IBA, QAL2, QAL3 & AST for CEMS, extractive monitoring and water discharges off site.
- Manage specialist contractors and advise Operations Staff to ensure regular monitoring of the boiler water and steam chemistry to ensure optimum corrosion performance.
- Review and analyse emissions data daily to identify trends and any potential defects within the plant.
- Complete duty of care routine checks, site inspections and audits to ensure the Waste to energy facility meets its statutory obligations.
- Ideally BSc or equivalent, preferably in an Environmental subject, or extensive experience gained in a regulatory / supervisory role.
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant science subject or equivalent (preferably Environmental, Chemistry based or Safety Qualification).
- Knowledge of boiler water chemistry and treatment regimes is desirable.
Make a difference today to deliver a cleaner tomorrow