A BETTER PARTNER. A CLEANER WORLD
Who are enfinium?
enfinium is one of the largest energy-from-waste businesses in the UK and an industry leader in the conversion of non-recyclable residential and business waste into heat and partially renewable power. enfinium currently has a platform of six (two in construction) strategically located facilities across the UK. Today, enfinium has an annual waste processing capacity of over 2.3 million tonnes, and a total combined electric generating capacity of 265MW (gross) – enough energy to power more than 500,000 UK homes. enfinium is owned by infrastructure investment funds managed by Igneo Infrastructure Partners
At enfinium we’re guided by five principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right and safe way:
One Team – Pride Matters – Safety on Purpose – Make a positive impact – Take Ownership
As a Company, we really value our employees and as such, offer a generous employee benefits package which includes the following:
- Vitality Private Medical care
- Private Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Company pension with a 6% company contribution
- Perkbox to get all your Highstreet discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Uniform provided
- Continuous learning and development through our e-learning portal and access to role-based qualifications
What is the role?
This role reports to the Group Head of Asset Management (GHAM), the Group Senior Engineer (Mechanical and Integrity) is accountable for the health and integrity of all enfinium’s Operating Assets. This role provides expert knowledge and overall accountability for the rotating assets (Turbines, Fans and Pumps) and the integrity of the boilers. In addition to this you will provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight, and engineering support to enfinium whilst maximizing the generation of clean, renewable energy.
What you will be doing?
You be working alongside senior internal and external stakeholders (3rd party suppliers), this role is to provide high quality engineering specialism, leadership and support services. The role is responsible for leading, managing, and/or performing work across multiple engineering areas of enfinium.
Please see below a brief overview of the role and the responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of safe and efficient engineering of Boiler and Rotating Plant Infrastructure to achieve best in class reliability and engineering excellence of the operating assets. Also ensures safe installation and commissioning of new assets, whilst ensuring all learning and reliability issues are embedded in the design of these assets.
- Ensuring risk management, change management and knowledge management is consistent and of a high standard throughout Enfinium operating assets. Ensuring learning is shared widely and adopted throughout the business.
- Disseminates technical knowledge and deliver technical expertise, in support of the business
- Establish monitoring and assessment schedules for critical Rotating Equipment at the operating Assets.
- Create and maintain key processes covering all critical rotating equipment for Operational staff to ensure the long term health of the Asset and ensure minimal issues with starting up or shutting down the equipment.
- Review vendor documentation & technical specifications for rotating equipment
- Review design drawings and data sheets for rotating equipment and auxiliary equipment
- Provide technical support to the Plant based Maintenance and Operational teams and engage on any speciality services related to the discipline required
- Degree level or equivalent qualification or experience in Rotating Plant and Metallurgical Engineering
- Relevant experience within the Energy, Waste to Energy, Oil and Gas Industries would be an advantage
- Experience (desired) with
- key boiler or turbine OEM
- Engineering Consultancy or Services Buiness
- Knowledge of British and European standard and industry codes
- Exposure to materials of construction, welding and NDE fundamentals.
- Experience of managing boiler metallurgy and a working knowledge of corrosion and erosion with Gases at high temperatures and pressures
- Capability of writing technical specifications, preparing design calculations, studies, requisitions, technical bid evaluations and vendor performance reviews
- Full working knowledge of all rotating equipment, including Compressors, Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines and Pumps, and will also be able to demonstrate experience in coordinating equipment packages that involve a combination of rotating and static equipment.
- Treats people with respect.
- Works ethically and with integrity at all times.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, communicate at all levels and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent relationship management, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Able to work independently, be self-motivated and take the initiative where required
- Able to cope with numerous issues simultaneously and capable of prioritising tasks accordingly
Make a difference today to deliver a cleaner tomorrow