What we are looking for
We are seeking a Plant Accountant to join our team and play a crucial part of our continued success and sustained growth of enfinium in the UK.
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, the Plant Accountant is responsible for providing an efficient and confidential accounting and support service to the plant. The role will focus on preparing and maintaining accurate and up to date financial data that is needed for the smooth running of both the plant and to ensure regulatory and audit compliance requirements are met.
What you will be doing
Working alongside the finance team the Plant Accountant will support the Plant Manager and the finance team and responsible for activities such as:
- Manage the financial PO reporting, accruals, and reconciliations for the purchasing process.
- Prepare and process month end journals.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Month end variance analysis and other month end reports.
- Review VAT return.
- Foreign currency transactions.
- Review Inventory transaction analysis and processes.
- Stock take and a close collaboration with stores staff including reconciliations.
- Fixed asset register & depreciation maintenance.
- All month end duties up to and including the first draft of the variance analysis and cashflow.
- Month end review with Assistant Financial Controller, Financial Controller, Plant Manager and FP&A Manager.
- Providing supervisory support, guidance and coaching to the Accounts Assistant, including goal setting.
- Providing other support to the team as required, including cover for other roles as needed.
- Business partnering the managers and departments on site to support adherence to full financial controls.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participating in Companywide initiatives as needed and required.
What you will bring
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and take the initiative where required.
- Be aligned with the five core values that we at enfinium pride ourselves on (safety on purpose, one team, pride matters, making a positive impact, take ownership)
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Able to identify any discrepancies and resolve these satisfactorily.
- Able to cope with numerous issues simultaneously and capable of prioritising tasks accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels whilst maintaining the confidentiality of work undertaken.
- Enjoy working within a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Educated to GCSE Grade C Standard in English and Maths.
- Qualified in CIMA/ACCA.
- Experience of working in a similar environment will be an advantage.
- Computer literate – with excellent MC Office and Excel skills
- Experience of Business partnering
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.