Job Title: Technical Manager/Engineering Manager
Reports To: Head of Projects
Location: Predominantly Kelvin project (West Bromwich), occasional visit to the head office in London and overseas visit to manufacturer workshops and EPC contractor offices.
The Technical Manager/Engineering Manager will provide engineering studies and technical support to enfinium’s exciting waste to energy assets to generate clean, renewable energy to power both homes and businesses.
The successful candidate will be crucial to the continued success and sustained growth of enfinium in the UK, and in preserving our environment for future generations whilst providing for today’s energy needs.
The Technical Manager/Engineering Manager will carry out engineering studies and manage capitals and continuous improvement projects in close cooperation with and for the benefits of the waste to energy fleet in operation.
The Technical Manager/Engineering Manager may also be involved through new development projects to support the corporate project team with technical input.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall co-ordination of design workstream between Technical Advisor and enfinium project team
- Managing engineering budget, inclusive of Technical Advisor services
- Managing all technical correspondence and interfaces with the Contractor
- Engineering resource co-ordination and attendance of design reviews with the Customer
- Co-ordination of the technical interfaces between the EPC contractors and third parties (DNO, utility providers)
- Follow-up of the overall Project design review program
- Managing the Technical Queries and Design Change Requests
- Final review of design to ensure that Contract requirements are met
- All technical document submissions to the Contractor in accordance with the Contract requirements and time schedule
- Management of Contract technical deviations / gaps / improvements
- Overall co-ordination of the training, commissioning and test activities between the Contractor and the Operator
This job has no supervisory duties.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree qualified or Graduate calibre with appropriate professional engineering qualifications (e.g. C.Eng., Eur Ing, P.Eng.)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the energy from waste, power or petrochemical industry.
- Professional experience in thermal treatment and energy recovery ideally backed up by broader knowledge of waste processing technologies and/or power generation facilities. Demonstrates a breadth of engineering experience.
- Familiarity with procurement process performance and bespoke contracts.
- Knowledge and experience of environmental legislation and standards relating to the Waste Management/ Power Generation industries.
- Excellent scientific knowledge (Thermodynamics, Chemistry, Fluid dynamics)
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint).
- Effective time management skills
- Effective project management skills
- Strong results orientation and self-organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently, be self-motivated and take the initiative where required
- Able to cope with numerous issues simultaneously and capable of prioritising tasks accordingly
- Able to meet deadlines and work calmly when under pressure
- Can operate effectively as both leader and team member
- Forms effective working relationships with team and partners
- Contributes to a positive team spirit and enhances morale
- Treats people with respect and works ethically and with integrity at all times
- Demonstrates leadership of, and commitment to, health safety and environmental principles, setting a personal example at all times.
The normal setting for this job is an office environment. However, there will be a requirement at times to work on a site where there is likely to be exposure to dirt, odours, noise, weather extremes or similar elements. The jobholder may also be required to travel both nationally and internationally to fulfil their job role.
The jobholder will be required to use motor co-ordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboard operation) for most of the day.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job role.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.